View Single Post
      05-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #38
SoCal335i
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
wow he did a nice review and some great comments ...esp stating how it sucks when people buy the knock off cause they didn't so the r and d like in pharmaceuticals when you buy brand name or generic....still if it is patented they have to buy the technology from the source so they make money on that also...i am a big fan of buying brand name for this reason of supporting the inventor...but damn i guarantee it didn't cost gruppe as much to make it as there price resembles!!!!!!!!!!!!! if it was 950 it would be tooooo much but would i buy one then....for sure
I agree i would buy it too if it was around $900 from Gruppe M. The point is that it does not matter what it does for the car, i dont care about the gains that it gives, it is an intake system. It should be priced accordingly, not inflated because we drive BMW's and not Civics. If Gruppe M made a complex intake for a civic i am willing to bet money that i would not be anywhere near the price that it is for a 335i becuase not one person would buy it. I just dont like companies trying to rip others off because they think they have lots of money. It hurts the reputation and sales of a company and gives other people a reason to make a replica.