07-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #125
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
See the problem with government energy policies I'd that they try to interfere with public demand and markets. Why is the Obama admin. setting aside billions of dollars for electric trains? Why should they try and force a product or service that may or may not be demanded by the public? It's up to the consumer to dictate what is successful and what is a failure, not the government.
Obama didn't invent government incentives; just like the teleprompter, it's been around for decades. Nobody's forcing anything - that's why it's an "incentive".

But you're right - the consumer would like to keep driving Hummers and Excursions until they rename us "Kingdom of American Arabia" and we all choke to death on CO emmisions.
Quote:
Obama was offering incentives to buy the Chevy Volt and was spending billions on it. Only 60 people have bought a Chevy Volt.
You're just making sh!t up now. Chevy Volt production is just starting up, and whatever they can build will be sold-out for at least the next couple of years. I know someone who is getting one.
Quote:
I don't mind having energy independence and that's why I'm for nuclear energy and more drilling.
You and every republican pres candidate, every 4 years. Decades before you were born, there was this thing called "three-mile-island", and they haven't commissioned a powerplant since then. So how come none of these repubs have voted to commission a new powerplant for 35 years, but they keep yapping about nuclear power every 4 years? Well, it's because all the nuclear waste ever generated at all the plants in the US are still sitting there. Nobody wants to dispose of the waste, and there is no plan to do so. So you can be as pro-nuke as you want, it ain't gonna happen, and all those repubs running for pres are lying.
Quote:
Why is Obama supporting Brazil and Venezuela's quest for more oil drilling but shutting down ours in the Gulf? Now other countries are taking oil that was ours.
Really? Where do you get this from? Fox news? Obama was pro-drilling, despite democrat's objections. Then months worth of oil spewed into the gulf, and all new drilling was stopped. If you're so pro drilling, why aren't you down there helping clean-up? And you do realize that any additional US drilling we could do, would be like pissing into the ocean, right?