Thread: Debt Limit
View Single Post
      07-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #127
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Really? Where do you get this from? Fox news? Obama was pro-drilling, despite democrat's objections. Then months worth of oil spewed into the gulf, and all new drilling was stopped. If you're so pro drilling, why aren't you down there helping clean-up? And you do realize that any additional US drilling we could do, would be like pissing into the ocean, right?
You really have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to energy. It's not even worth debating it with you, but you are an easy target so I'll continue to entertain myself I suppose.

Obama is 'pro-drilling' only when it is politically advantageous for him to be 'pro-drilling' (ie. price at the pump relief). You're incredibly naive if you think that Obama really wants to see more drilling long termand see the oil and gas industry continue to grow (a product of more drilling).

I won't even comment on your last sentence about pissing into the ocean. I guess you meant that we can't make much of an impact by continuing to drill in the U.S.?