View Single Post
      07-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #22
raybenz2011
QUICK LITTLE BLACK BAVARIAN BEAST

Drives: BMW 328i BAVARIAN AUTO

Great Question that deserves an answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
How did you determined which door lock actuator was bad?
took me 3 hours.... it all started when i first got it(the car) when i pressed the lock button(on FOB) it made this grinding noise and the lock button(on Door) didn't move to it's locking position like the rest of them and so i manually had to lock it with the key(the passenger side and back doors lock and unlock so it had to be the DS door) after awhile i thought i could live with it NOPE! ran to a autobody shop where a friend of mine working there said he had seen this problem before(truly a Astro~physicist working for CERN and there big Haydron Collider) it's the >>> actuator <<< well i was real curious to see what it was he was talking about ??? that landed me here on this thread after a month of intense searching the internet when i found this DIY i read it thourally through and really got up the courage from the great pics! now a warning lamp indicator went off and i'm studying ***coding*** woooh hooo! ~BTW~ i ripped apart the old actuator and discovered the 2 Johnson 12 volt *DC motors with brass gears were burnt i thought it might have been stripped gears(NOPE! defective motors which were made poorly ? Go figure..... that perhaps is a manufacturing defect ?

Last edited by raybenz2011; 07-28-2011 at 06:24 AM. Reason: I almost forgot ?
raybenz2011 is offline   Canada