View Single Post
      08-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #213
WiL335i

Drives: 2011 335i Coupe Alpine White

Smile Thanks to OP and the rest of the people that contributed.

My 2011 N55 335i finally reached 1,500 miles and originally planned on changing the break-in oil. This is my 1st BMW and didn't know how to perform the oil change on this car. This DIY from OP and the thread of discussions helped me out a lot. There's been a debate on whether to put 6.5 quarts or the full 7 quarts of oil. I used Castrol 0W-30 that I bought from Autozone. I put in 6.5 to test and see where the oil level would show up and it's confirmed to show at FULL level. I didn't want to overfill as this is not good for the engine.

Also, I tried putting a line mark for the oil filter but when I tried to install a new one in, I couldn't line it back up with the marker so I just ignored it and finished tightening it. By the way, these damn Rhino ramps are a pain in the ass! It would slip out and shoot forward everytime I try to get the tires up there. I finally had to get two people to block the ramp and that worked.

I bought two oil filters from BMW of Murrieta. As shown on the picture below, the oil plug had the original aluminum washer while the kit comes with a copper version. Here are some of the pictures I took with my phone during the oil change. Thanks everyone!
Attached Images

WiL335i is offline   United_States