08-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Drives: MBZ C63
Join Date: Sep 2009
Suprise! M3 Conversion Managed to get into PERFORMANCE BMW UK Magazine!
Featured on BIMMERPOST HOMEPAGE
Many Thanks to everyone who help out on this board with the compliments and positive criticism to get this car to where it is today! Very special thanks to Southern BM, On the run motorsports and most definitely Nate@IND who help with their advice and inspiration! It was only fitting that one of their cars was also on the cover! Pics are from the mag and also from the photoshoot done by a friend of mine.
Here is the part listing:
2007 Manual 335i coupe purchased with 20,000kms
Space grey, standard 5 spoke 18" rims optioned with comfort access and professional CCC disc based idrive. Started out wanting to do just light power increase and visual effects but mods slowly built momentum and because the car was always in the workshops, I was always finding new mods on this forum to order and install!
- M3 body conversion with OEM M3 Front and rear bumper, OEM M3 fenders, OEM M3 side skirts, OEM M3 front and rear inner guards, respray window trim gloss black, respray roof gloss black, respray brake calipers gloss black, Kidney grilles and front and rear mesh sprayed into gloss black (Note, I originally had a full replica M3 kit which was discarded after being trial fit as it was very poor in quality, although I fitted the OEM stuff myself, I admit my DIY skills aren't that great)
- Custom flared rear guards
- M3 side mirrors with CF covers
- Modified M3 Exhaust (Gutted and rerouted) + Custom Black Chrome tips and custom catless dump pipes
- LCI updated tail lights (Had aftermarket LED ones but only as a temporary thing until these came out!)
- New painted custom CF bonnet (which doesnt fit that well...) and trunk (Jbspeed item, decent fitment after adjustment and interior trim also fits after cutting the trunk)
- New VRS CF front lip 2x2
- New Piano black interior accents and trim
- New Black BMW floormats
- 20" Breyton GTSR-M rims (20 x 8.5 F, 20 x 10 R) wrapped Continental ContactSport 3
- Respray into Ferrari Girigio Silverstone
- BMW performance Short Shift Kit
- BMW performance Steering Wheel
- BMW performance Handbrake cover
- Procede V5
- Vishnu Meth Kit V1 (Customised for stealth install)
- Customised speedo (Combination of 335i and M3 clusters and custom SMD LEDs)
- Active Autowerke Intercooler
- Stett Charge-pipe and Forge diverter valves
- Modified CDV replacement
- BMS air filter
- Koni FSD + Eibach Prokit
- Wavetrac LSD
- BMW Alpine Stereo upgrade and customized BMW individual speaker covers
- Additional Alpine digital amp and Earthquake SWS-8xi subs upgrade
- P2car boost gauge
- Complete upgrade to Professional CIC HDD based idrive with additional coding to activate other functionality i.e. digital speedo readout.
- M3 shifter and surround (M3 buttons on the surround rewired to control Procede map switching)
- BSH Oil Catch Can
- EAS AngeliBright LED halo bulbs (I've tried Rdash (too blue) and HID (too bright))
If there are you're wondering why I didn't just go for a M3, my total project cost including labor is still under 2/3 of the cost a M3 over here in Australia.
Too much to list......
Last edited by saferisk; 08-04-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Reason: admin request