View Single Post
      06-02-2007, 10:50 PM   #51
rtjones
Private First Class

Drives: 1999 328i, 1995 VW Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjones View Post
My wife and I are in the queue waiting for our dealer to receive additional allocation. Our pending order is the coupe w/ platinum bronze and saddle brown interior. That should blend really nicely, as BMW doesn't support color combinations that clash. My wife saw the black sapphire w/ saddle brown, and wanted that combination, but I don't want another black car (have had 2), and the effort required to keep them clean. We've agreed on the platinum bronze w/ saddle brown, though the graphite would be our choice if the bronze wasn't offered.

Has anyone seen the platinum bronze/saddle brown combination in person?
Well, 12 days later, and we've gone full circle. We temporarily chose sapphire black on saddle, monaco on cream, space gray on black, considered arctic on cream, and now we've come all the way back to platinum on cream. We don't want a gray/black color (so that eliminates 3 colors), and we don't want a dark color (swirl marks show too easy). And the more we looked, the more I like the openness of the cream - fresh and opens the interior. So we've come back to platinum of cream. Jeez, we've visited 4 dealers in the past week, and spent about 2 hours each visit. Plus the tens of hours looking at photos. We just need to get our allocation so we can place our order and let go of the color choices!!!

PS - By the way, we did see the platinum bronze on saddle - not for us...
rtjones is offline   United_States