View Single Post
      09-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #3256
jphughan
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
Well what happened is that when i coded the KOMBI module for the digital speedometer, after doing it, now i get a message on the screen saying :Speedometer malfunction and none of my gauges work.

Reading online it said i need to update to V41 DATEN files... so i'm downloading those as we speak and will use another laptop (since i'm at work) to do this...

I would have to follow the DIY from the begining to get the Man file etc... Any tips on how to do this?

Thanks
You should still follow the DIY from the beginning (if you have the newer cable drivers, replace the FIFO buffers step with changing the Latency setting to 1) and then you should be able to just read the KOMBI module in its current state and code it back.

Coding with a blank MAN file doesn't seem to reset everything to defaults, only SOME things, not sure about digital speedo. Anyway, good luck!
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder
jphughan is offline   United_States