09-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #13
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian_535i View Post
So the cone filter sits near the bottom of the car, what happens if it rains does it suck in all the water?
No, basic physics says air will take the path of least resistance. If the cone filter goes completely submerged in water, the air will pass though the stock intake snorkel and not the cone filter. You will have no issues with hydrolock with this setup. Now if you have a pure CAI, with no stock intake snorkel, then it will hydrolock if you drive in deep water. You can also adjust the height of the cone filter as needed. I live in a very dry climate so I have a completely exposed filter, if it rains where you live, feel free to tuck the filter up behind the bumper.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /