View Single Post
      09-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #45
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_uw View Post
My answer to the poll is "Full U.N. membership", but both nations have been so belligerent for so long I think the world would be better off without them. Their constant fighting has done nothing but increase my disdain for both of them and I refuse to choose a side to defend.

Good luck ever getting these censored to cooperate.

The difference is that while both side have been belligerent, one side has been using this state of constant belligerance to illegally transfer their population into the other side's occupied territory.

There isn't any chance that the problem there is just going to vanish just because we don't want to deal with them. In fact, the opposite is true. The longer we fail to deal with them, the more blowback the US is going to experience.

The biggest failure in US politics is somehow believing that getting both of the belligerent sides to agree upon a set of peaceful borders is somehow siding with one side or another. It isn't, it is siding with US Strategic Intrests for the United States for this issue to be finally resolved.

Everyone involved knows that this can end only one of two ways. Either with the creation of the State of Palestine (2 state solution) or all Palestinians must be given full citizenship and voting rights in the Israeli gov't (1 state solution).

So lets agree on a number of things:

1) That we would both like to see the entire dispute go away.
2) That both parties are too belligerent to solve the problems alone.
3) That it is in the strategic regional interests of the United States that the situation be resolved.

We don't have any choice but to act.