Hey guys every day I log in I see people posting the same questions over and over, apparently some members don’t know how to use the search feature
Here are the answers to the most common questions:
Q1: What color should I get??
Color is a personal preference, what color do you like ??? Everyone have something different in mind that question does not have a right answer.
Q2: Leather or Leatherette??
-Better resale value
- More colors available.
- Hard to keep clean.
-Looks like leather
- Easy to clean
-standard option (US)
-Not real leather
Q3: Will adding an Intake, exhaust etc… will void my warranty?
NO and here is why:
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).
Q4: Where I can buy blacklines?
$235 with s/h
Q5: Why does my car does not have an standard alarm?
According to BMW is almost impossible to hardwire or turn on the car without the key, that’s why is an option.
Q6: What is the best radar detector?
Valentine V1 and Escort x50 are the best radar detectors.
Q7: How do I turn off the Seatbelt chime??
Put your seat belt on, if not the chime will ring exactly 50 times, and then stop.
Q8: Can I add angel lights to my Halogen housings?
NO angel lights are only available with xenon.
Q9: Are the angel lights in the e90 and the e92 the same ?
NO The e92 use a H8 bulb and the e90 use a non standard bulb.
Q10: Can I get the M steering wheel if I don’t have SP?
Yes but you need to get a new airbag.
Q11: What is the best product that I can use to clean my car ?
Most owners said Zaino is the best wax/polymer sealant available http://www.zainostore.com/
Q12: What is the part # for... ?
DIY, How to use the search feature on e90post.com
1) Open your favorite web browser
2) Type e90post.com
3) Click "Forums"
4) in the top right corner of the screen click Search ( see picture)
5) type what are you looking for ex: Blacklines
6) click GO
7) Check if there are any threads were you can find the answer that you are looking for.
if there are too many result you can try the following:
1) click the search button and under click advance search
2) try to use keywords ex : buy blacklines ( see pic)
3) try to search with-in categories ex: marketplace (see pic)
4) click GO
5) you will find less threads were you probably find the answer ( see pic)
Pros of using the search feature:
- Easy to use
- Don't have to wait for the other members to respond
- help avoid repetition in the forum
If I forget any common question that is always ask in the forum please add them to the thread