06-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
chrisbin
Colonel

Drives: M-Benz C250CDi Est

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarvey View Post
Nice car.

How does the 320i drive?

I'm considering an E92 for my next car and on paper the 320i looks worthy of consideration given the constant rise in fuel costs and punitive changes in car tax for anything with high CO2 emissions.

Is the car fast enough?

Does it sound good?

Does the auto suit it or is it constantly hunting gears to keep the engine on the boil?

I'll be a while before I change cars but I'm interested in these things. Oh and before anyone says 'get a diesel' I've got a 320d E91 and, great though it is, every time I push 'start' I wish I'd bought a petrol.
Hi

Well you are in exactly the same position as I was.......and what you say about pushing the start button is exactly how I felt!!

The 320d has great mid range oomph, and I can't see the 320i matching that....even when its loosened up. But its not exactly underpowered. And the fact that I could specify the auto and not be penalised on the emissions was a big plus.

Sound is quiet so far.....its no 6 cylinder but its waaaay better than the 320d (for me).
Sorry I can't really give you any better feedback yet but its very early days.

But, if you're looking for a good deal in your area I can definitely point you in the right direction!!

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.