10-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #42
Revision2
Captain

Drives: AW 07 328xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [3.64]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markham335i View Post
we have the same year car (2007)... i assume urs came with the alarm wiring like mine did. If so, its $202 for the harness and 1.5hours install/programming... i think its 100% worth it and i feel like an idiot for not buying this sooner
I believe all Canadian spec models come pre-wired but I should probably check mine just to be sure. Where did you get a price of $202? I had contacted Mike @ Maranello a few weeks ago about a quote for it (was thinking about getting it if it were relatively cheap) and all the various parts of the retro fit (ex. siren, ultrasonic sensor module, mounting brackets, etc) came to almost $500. Although I'm going to hit up Mike again cause it seems like Tisher sells an OEM E9x alarm system for $265USD but has a different part number. Wondering if there are 2 different kits (pre-LCI and LCI) and I got quoted the LCI one. As for the programming, I was told that it may vary depending how old the software on your car is cause they have to run a full update and can't just pick new modules to add.
Revision2 is offline   Canada