View Single Post
      10-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
iFRANChISe
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Smile Second Set of Wheels/TPMS Programming Help

Hi. Search>Me , therefore I started this thread to address several concerns I have concerning TPMS sensors. Please direct me to a thread if this has already been covered or help me out if you possess this knowledge.

I have an 08 335i e90 with tpms in my stock 162s. I am currently running iforged swift wheels and am getting sick of the tpms light on my gauge cluster. I am considering disassembling/refinishing/reassembling the wheels and adding tpms in the process. I know I need 90degree tpms adapters and a set of sensors. I wanted to know if I could utilize any used set of tpms from another bmw or only specific ones.

What is the process to program/get my car to recognize a new set of tpms sensors. Can I just get another set of tpms installed and reset it from my car gauge cluster menu (non i-drive) or do they have to be coded? If not, who can do this: Hibdon's, Discount Tire Direct, a BMW dealer? Anyone running iforged wheels with 90 degree adapters and tpms with advice? Just trying to decide if it is reasonable to get a new set of tpms working in my iforged wheels as opposed to taking the ones from my oem wheels.

I appreciate any useful input.
Thanks in Advance!

BMS-JB4.AR-Design.CODE3.HKS.UR.VOLK.DO