e.n335
Austria
Rep

Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmramos44 View Post
I just installed mine this evening...
everything went well!
i have a steptronic, is it important that i load the step. 1.45 map?
i may need a lesson in map swapping

Congrats Eugen...

GJ Vishnu--- Looking forward to 2.0
First of all, congratulations to you and enjoy the PROcede as I do. I loaded the v1.45 steptronic map and have no reference to v1.5 or previous v1.4, v1.3, ... maps. What people report is that the v1.45 map is working best with bone stock cars. Since you have a steptronic too, there will be nothing wrong to use the v1.45 steptronic map as well.

The PROcede is my first non ECU-flash software tuning on a BMW. I had a couple of ECU-flashes on my previous BMW's and thought, a piggyback ECU will be a compromise. The ECU-flash on my last BMW has been overwritten from the dealership 3 times in 1 1/2 years, so I wanted to use a different concept.

Now to the PROcede: What a great implementation. I could not say in which way a ECU-flash would be better. The car runs smoother than stock, the operating temperatures did not increase. It feels very responsive and strong. Thus I am still breaking in the car, I have no experience with pushing it to the limits. But I don't expect any problems, some PROcede customers drive like they stole it and there are no, zero reliability issues. Shiv's car is dynoed frequently and fine as well. The Bathurst race proved and showed what our cars are capable to do.

I am really very happy to go with the PROcede and have no more reliability concerns since I drove it by myself. Looking forward to V2 now ...

Cheers
Eugen

Last edited by e.n335; 06-13-2007 at 11:49 AM.