10-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #22
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Way to take what I said and not answer a single thing. Oh, except calling me misguided, but then just launching personal attacks and not giving a definitive reason why.

I never said it had anything to do with Obama, stop putting words into my mouth. I also rarely visit this part of the forums (for good reason, because there's a lot of hate and total brainwashing that goes on here), so I rarely ever post here. I'm not and never was a fan of Bush either. In fact I think he should go down in history as one of the worst for what he did to this country. Obama isn't exactly a shining beacon of hope either...

Why did you even bring Bush up? I never mentioned anything about him. Why is it that every time someone who posts something that isn't quite in line with a liberal democratic view, you have to invoke the name of Bush as if I think he is some sort of perfection? I don't understand this... Have you nothing else to base your arguments on? This isn't even about Bush, it's about a system that is flawed and is easily taken advantage of, and occurred WELL before Bush, and Bush senior were serving their terms. Welfare, Medicare, Social Security... All of it. EDIT: Just saw your age on your profile, so I won't speak for you... I'll just say that personally I have a problem with paying into a system where others will benefit but I likely will NOT. Those funds are not being used appropriately, and will probably be gone by the time I reach retirement age. That is why I have my own retirement plan, because I will not count on the government taking care of me...

How exactly am I misguided? Because I want my money for me and not anyone else? I wouldn't say misguided. I was expecting you to call me selfish.

FWIW, I donate to a variety of causes with the money I earn and am satisfied with that. I'm not satisfied with being forced to give money to the leeches of society, especially the ones in THIS country where everyone has the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Easy there, fella! In case you haven't noticed, every thread in this forum has a theme of bashing Obama & democrats. So when you complain about a staple of American society (like it or not), the inference is that you're blaming the current admin for something that existed long before (during Bush and prior). That's all. And apparently, that's not what you were doing, but it begs the question: why bring it up in this thread?