10-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #30
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
See my first post and what I quoted. You brought up the fact that conservatives/republicans are all for social security and medicare but against the healthcare reform.
True. But I was making the point that conservatives think that only liberals are partaking in social programs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I simply stated I'm really not a fan of any of those systems, although they all have their pros and cons, and I stated why I am not necessarily a fan of those systems. There are things I like, and things I don't like. Also, I do feel differently about taxes. Although I don't necessarily agree with the idea of the income tax, it must be in place especially with today's deficit. There's no other way to get rid of it, however the rich should be taxed more, and these Bush tax cuts that have been going on for far too long are just doing more and more harm, day by day...
Agree as well. As I previously explained, I labled your comments "misguided" because I assumed your were intentionally referring to these systems as products of Obama/democrats.

There's a trend in these forums to tag the current administration with blame for long-standing issues, from the corporate tax rate, to foreign policy, nuclear energy, social programs, and more. Look at the threads in this forum: they are ALL started by conservatives, and they are ALL anti-Obama/ anti-democrat. So don't be surprised when we get defensive.