11-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #1057
twinship
Booosted

Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW4Life2112 View Post
So, I recently read in Bimmer magazine that the HPFP issue was resolved with BMW's latest recall/replacement fuel pump. Does everyone pretty much agree with this "verdict"? And would those of you who have had the problem reccomend that everyone get their fuel pumps replaced under warranty whether they have experienced problems or not?
Don't believe anyone on these boards is in a position to say definitively that the problem has been resolved. Only BMW has the data that would reveal the current failure rate. And of course they're not about to share it.

Hwvr, the falloff in HPFP-related posts since the last recall certainly suggests that the problem has at least been mitigated to some extent.

I've had mine replaced and am cautiously optimistic...
2008 BMW 335i//Jet Black on Black Dakota Leather//Steptronic, Sport Package, Premium Package, Logic7 Sound, Aluminum Trim, iPOD & USB, Cobb S1+ Sport, ER FMIC, K&N Filter, H&R Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, ECS Tuning spacers (F-10mm/R-15mm), OEM Rear Aero Spoiler, OEM Sport Diffusor, Cyba 3.8" Tips, OEM Aluminum Pedals, M-tech Steering Wheel, Clear Reflectors