Rep

Drives: E90 335d M Sport

Garage List
2003 Z4  [0.00]
2006 E90 335d m Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemybmw View Post
Hey all,

Having just had my nokian winter tyres fitted thought I'd create a thread to update how they go this winter but also to share any other winter/snow/weather experiences I have in my BMW.

For those of you who have read my other thread you'll know that I have a pretty poor experience in my BMW last year in the snow, from getting stuck on the m62 to not being able to get off my drive and leaving the car parked up for two weeks and getting the bus.

This year I decided to ensure that I did my best to be prepared and have so far done the following:

Mot completed before the bad weather
New brakes and discs
Oil changed
Fitted new winter tyres (nokian wrg2)
Washed and vacuumed the car
Added rain x
Changed headlamps to Phillips extreme vision
Checked and cleaned wipers
Added sand bag and shovel into boot in case get stuck
Prepared emergency bag to keep in the boot (fits nicely cubby hole where spare tyre would normally go) and this contains, torch, spare phone/battery/sim fully charged, gloves, cans ok coke, bottles of water, biscuits and crisps, baby food and milk, high vis jacket, aluminum throw over.

So far so good, the tyres and brakes feel a bit spongy although another 250miles should sort that.

Let's see how this year goes.

What have you all done to prepare yourselves and your cars for this winter?

Lovemybmw
Did you say you live in the Arctic Circle?

Seriously though, nicely prepared. I only work 8 miles from home so worst come to worst I will use my legs!! I have just received my Pirelli winters which are a direct replacement for my 18" RFT's. Last year I used snow socks which were great for shortish journeys but when i came to take them off I wore my knuckles down and ended up cutting them off with a stanley knife!! I will throw a packet of biscuits in the boot but they may get eaten before the snow arrives!