11-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
hadoob024
Private

Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30M3Driver View Post
If you are asking the question of whether or not an M3 is an option and you aren't sure of the answer then it is definitely not an option for you.

What to look for in a CPO 335i is no different than any other used car - inspect it thoroughly. Keep in mind CPO doesn't cover wear items or radio or nav electronics - pay particular attention to those items because you are stuck with any defects that haven't been corrected under the factory warranty or as part of negotiating a deal.

Turbos are a potential issue regardless if it is CPO or not - only difference is you can likely get those replaced under CPO warranty if they are a problem.
I only meant to ask if they do CPO M3's. I don't see why not, but I couldn't find anything on any of the local BMW dealership websites, so I wasn't sure.

It really comes down to comparing prices versus what's available (which I guess is always the issue )

Cool. That's good to know. I assumed that little things like that would be caught and fixed by a CPO, but I guess not. From what I've read on this forum, looks like (for a 335i) I would have to look out for HPFP issues, wastegate rattle issues and turbo issues. Sound right?

Someone also suggested looking at LeaseTrader. Any thoughts on this?

Going to swing by the dealership this weekend and start my research. Can't wait!
hadoob024 is offline   United_States