View Single Post
      11-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #21

Drives: 13 335is, 89 M3, 97 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
1989 BMW M3  [4.10]
Originally Posted by merchomini View Post
im also interested to know what most say about this....

im moving to denver soon, and when i bought my car i really wanted a rwd....but i figured if im going to be in a high snow climate maybe id get x drive......whis i did, and love, but i still want a rwd because the parts are so much more available and better.
I've been driving rear wheel drive BMWs with snows for years and there have only been a handful of times that I haven't been able to go where I want and I have never gotten stuck (but almost have).

I also tend to have a 4WD vehicle as a second or third car available and there are times I have been out in that (skiing, mountains and deep snow) and if I had been in my BMW it would not have worked until roads or parking lots were plowed.

If your BMW is your only car and RWD, I would recommend a more aggressive snow tire tread rather than a performance snow tire and you will have better results. You'll be limited then only by clearance, driving skills, ice and really, really steep hills or combinations of those things.

Performance Center Delivery, June 21, 2013: 2013 E92 335is | Le Mans Blue | Gray Leather with Black | 6MT | 19" Style 313's | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | BMW Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler |