View Single Post
      11-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #27
United Kingdom

Drives: 2012 E92 335d MSport

Garage List
2012 E92 335d  [4.33]
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
That seems quite dangerous. What if you have a 9yo in the passenger seat who thinks "what does this switch do?"

Everyone knows what a conventional handbrake looks like. Most people do not know what a switch operated handbrake looks like plus they are different in every car model that has them.
I'd actually say the electronic handbrake is safer in this respect. - The switch is usually right over on the far side of the car away from passengers and the handbrake is much easier for a child to inadvertandly yank. Or as I know from personal experience - wifes handbag strap gets caught round it and the she picks it up...........................

I've had electronic handbrakes in a couple of cars before the BM and I would definately say they are better. No worries about if you pulled it on hard enough when parking on hills.....hill starts easier.....more space around the centre console.......
2012 Alpine White E92 335d M Sport LCI | Coral Red Dakota Leather | Media Package - BMW Professional | 313 Wheels | Evolved |
Previously - 2009 Alpine White 325d M Sport LCI | Auto + Paddles | Media Package - BMW Professional | BMW Performance Front, Sideskirts and 313P Wheels | Black Grilles |
Carbon Black E46 ///M3 '04 | Manual | Evolved |