Perplex
E90 LCI 2010

Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Garage List
2010 BMW E90  [0.00]
2010 BMW E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmf75 View Post
How many people living in Germany run winter tires on their car in late November? I'm thinking there might be a little rain, some frost, but not a whole bunch of snow in November. Just don't want to pay double the cost on a rental if I don't need to.
Well, I'm living between Stuttgart and Munich. At the moment the weather is very good and fine, a little bit foggy and frosty in the morning but always dry and sunny. In Germany you have to run with winter tires as soon as the weather demands it, this means if the police stops you blocking the traffic runing the summer tires, you'll get an expensive ticket...

So, the most people are runing the winter tires as soon as possible. I changed my tires 3 weeks ago. In my opinion you should definitely use the winter tires, safety first. If you're lucky the sun will shining during your trip to Germany and you don't need the winter tires, but that's like playing poker

Wish you a nice stay in Germany! And maybe we'll see us on the Autobahn, hopefully with more than 140kph