View Single Post
      11-17-2011, 11:09 AM   #39
kaishang
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2010 E90 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Apparently not the same in the Fast Datsun! I haven't tried it myself mind!

Pilots license costs about 7.5k to get? On my by 40 list!
If you do it, I recommend going to somewhere like the USA and just nutting it out full time over about a month. Western Australia or South Africa would probably also be reasonable choices although the US is still probably cheapest. Should be a LOT cheaper and since you fly visual flight rules (ie you look out the window), you need to have good weather or you will get a lot of cancellations. Forget about anyone that tell you "the UK airspace is more congested so if you fly in the UK you can fly anywhere blah blah"... get the basic training where it is cheap and you don't get cancellations and worry about improving your standard and ability to handle high workload later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
I don't know anything about push button electric handrakes other than if they go wrong they cost a lot to put right.
This is pretty much my thinking too. A lever operated handbrake is pretty simple, doesn't bother anyone, facilitates that fine control necessary for a good handbrake turn, gives BMW the ability to create an extra cost M-sport ceramic handle or something and extract more money from punters. Why mess with it?