06-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #64
gerbs
woof

Drives: 2013 Estoril F30 335i

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to gerbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
No it's not - not at all. The OP also called the drooling morons at BMW NA and they were, as usual, no help. Personally, if the OP really does ditch the car and get another brand I applaud his statement.

This is a worn and debatable topic I know, but until BMW and other manufacturers realize that the dealership is a direct extension of their corporation they are riding the road to failure. It is the dealership with whom we must do business, not BMW NA or BMW AG. Who cares about the corporation or the state of the art factories, or the marketing machine if you can't get legitimately warranted satisfaction at your dealer?

I'm fortunate to have a good dealership, but if I didn't, I would do the same thing if I had those problems. Brand loyalty only works for me if the brand is equally loyal to me. BMW is currently riding high on a wave of popularity and fashion. It's easy for a struggling company to provide excellent customer service - that's a survival issue... when they stop doing it when times are good, that is telling about the organization.
Well, in your opinion it's "worth it". I understand where you are coming from, in fact I agree with your reasoning... Brand loyalty is a significant factor to me as well in all aspects of business, whether it be with cars, electronics, whatever. At this point in my life, I would financially refuse to accept trading in a $50,000 vehicle based on a *rare* and secluded series of events. Most BMW owners are treated by their dealerships and BMW NA in a 100% professional fashion - am I wrong? If this was a common thing, I would be concerned.

I'm not trying to argue here. For example, how BMW said it was covered under "good will" and not under "warranty", I could see how that would rustle your feathers. Maybe it does, maybe it doesnt. Fact of the matter is that they covered it. Will how the sentence was worded change the fact that BMW was generous enough to do the work? I agree, sighing and making it sound like they are going totally out of their way is quite ridiculous. Maybe he was having a bad day.

All in all, I would have found a new dealer + SA instead of taking out my anger by removing the automobile from my life, along with a nice $8-10,000 loss in the pocket... Just doesn't make sense to me!

I hope things work out for you likwid. I saw your response to my earlier comment and it's good to hear that you may have another dealer close by that is ran by professionals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwidplastik View Post
I know it may sound silly, but I really don't want to have to deal with that dealership for the next 4 years.
I agree, I wouldn't want to either, that's why I'd find another dealer If the other dealer sucks, I would definitely consider ditching the car. The one hour drive is worth professional, friendly service. For your sake, I hope that's what they give you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
The OP also called the drooling morons at BMW NA and they were, as usual, no help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by likwidplastik View Post
the guys at BMW North America were very helpful, and pleasant to deal with.

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
gerbs is offline   United_States