Thread: Running flat
View Single Post
      11-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #14
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

Not a fan of the ride but had a MINI to take from Chigwell to Reading for BMW Bootcamp a while back and the steering seemed slightly off when I set off in the morning (just put it down to KDS as it didn't seem to bad and I couldn't see any punctures).
It's a long way (circa 75 miles), I was edging close to being late so naturally I was driving carefully and not being aggressive at all.

I got all the way to Reading and was driving along slow country roads, about 5 minutes in to that I heard a whooping noise coming from the rear of the car, the steering was still good though and the tyre pressure warning light hadn't displayed!!
It wasn't easy to spot that the wheel was flat it looked near perfect from the outside, it was only when the wheel came off that I could see where the puncture was, literally a hole in the tyre accompanied by a 1.5 inch gash, the tyre had literally shreaded in that area. Overall, well impressed that it didn't fall apart on the motorway and that I made it to Reading alive.
Appreciate 0