Trying to decide on a 08' 335xi
Hello everyone, this is my first post! Great forum BTW!
So, Im really having a hard time trying to decide what I want to do and Im hoping to hear some feedback. Currently I have a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic, 15k miles, yellow with black stripes, six speed, heated leather and so on. The car Im looking at is a loaded up 2008 335xi coupe, 53k miles, space grey with black leather, lux pkg, cold weather pkg, sport pkg, paddle shift, and navigation for $25,900... It is a local owned, bought, serviced, and traded back to the same BMW dealer. It does have the typical 54k miles worth of small rock chips and a few scuffs here and there, but overall its in great shape!
The issue Im having is do I really want to give up my Challenger that I really do like a lot? I bought it new 1 1/2 years ago and it only has 15k miles on it now. I only have 38 payments left and it will be paid for! Do I really want to trade that in for a car that is two years older and has 3 times the miles on it? Do I really want to start over at 60 months of payments on this used car that is two years older and had 54k miles? My payments would go down about $50 per month though, so that would be nice... I just dont know what to do, because I really love the idea of having an AWD twin turbo car! I live in the Chicagoland area and it would be really nice to have AWD after driving my Challenger in the snow last winter, it did do ok, but it sure would be nice to AWD and be able to just hit the gas and go!! I've been researching these 335's for a long time now and I've always loved the idea of owning a BMW since I was 16 years old, and Im now 35... Out of the 19 cars that I've owned, I've never owned a single import, so this would be very new to me!
5 years ago I owned a Dodge SRT 4 that I installed a big turbo upgrade on with all the supporting mods that put down 410hp on the dyno... so I really miss having a turbo car! So if I were to get this 335, it will get plenty of upgrades to make it faster!
What to do....? Whatever I do, I need to decide here pretty quick as winter is coming asap, and if I keep the Challenger I'll be needing some new tires for sure.
Anyway, sorry for all the rambling... Thanks for any insight you can provide!
Last edited by Eracer76; 11-28-2011 at 08:38 AM.