View Single Post
      12-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #138
Malbolge
Major General

Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
The mods I have done have all but eliminated tramlining. I think the combinatino of the floppy bushings, hard side wall RFT tires are the reason.

Keep the suspension firm and in place (m3 bushings), make the tires complaint and allow some bend and allow for greater grip - non-RFT tires.

Just the M3 wishbones/tension arms in the front, with non-rft tires did helped immensely for tramlining.

EDIT: Yes, stock the tramlining was very bad - you had to keep 2 hands on the wheel.
So just to make sure I got this - M3 wishbones -- but what is "tension arms"? Got pics of the parts installed? I don't want to make the car a track weapon so don't need to go crazy. IF upgrade can be done in under 300-400 EUR I'd be pleased (600 usd).

Tramlining is horrible with even normal tyres as I live in a country where people use spike tyres in city (yeah) for 5 months a year due to long winters so you can imagine what it does to non-granite asphalt (i'd dig for pictures but you'll think eastern europe stereotypes are spot on after that ).
Malbolge is offline   Estonia