View Single Post
      12-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #36
martho05
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2010 335i xDrive Coupe

Exclamation

Wow! There is what I would call some real passion around this topic. Listen - I only posted originally to inform some of the new e90 drivers that may have missed the fact that the 162's (summer tires) would not be safe in snow and ice. So please, for the hot heads that are all crabby about this post, please move-on to something else and enjoy your day.
Now, for some new info. I have tested the tires and wheels in about 6 inches of snow in the Ohio area and here is my opinion. Using a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being a professional ice skater and 10 being an e90 330xi with xdrive. When I had my 162's on in the condition of snow and ice, I would rate my handling and control at a 1. Now with the winter set on which is listed in the top post using the link. I would rate my handling and control at a 7. I probably could score it an 8 if I depressed the dsc one time. There is a lot of power shut-down with dsc completely on. Not a problem, just push the button once.
Now, no fighting out there please! I wanted to add anything I can to help ALL of us avoid accidents this winter. Stay safe in see ya all in the Spring!!