View Single Post
      12-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #448
rufnekfatboy
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

Hi All,
New to Forum, just thought I would add my story to this....

Took my 335i M Sport con(58 plate) in for MOT on Monday, was advised, cracked rear alloy and all 4 Bridgestone runflats were "delaminating" due to under inflation, was told bill would be 1954.00....... As you can imagine 'one' was very shocked at this as car only done 20k....

Dealer has carried out test on alloy and has replaced under warranty, only after I went in the next day and mentioned the fact that I have done some research!... ie this forum and it seems that this is very widespread problem......

Dealer was Vines - redhill so I would suggest if you having problems with your local dealer changing alloys under warranty, go there, I gotta say they were very good.....

I have purchased a set of Pirelli(sp) run flats to go back on car..... 900.00 all 4 from Kwik Fit(they wanted 1600.00)

I will be keeping the Bridgestones so I can contact them as I feel these tyres were not fit for purpose...

I am more than willing to join any campaign against BMW or Bridgestone as this is a major issue an we all need to stick together on this, someone is gonna die due to this issue.....

Plus the fact that I have lost 20,000 on a car I brought 2 years ago, leaves a very bad taste in my mouth...

Feels better I got that off my chest.... lol

Rufnek.....