Johnny D
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [9.16]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onephattai View Post
I already got the AA tune. I located a used 3 stage manifold for $175. It's from a 2006 330i. Does it matter which year/month on the 330i? Beside from this, I heard DS Motorsport in Germany can tune and increase about 70 hp on the N52 engine. So if you do the 3-stage manifold swap and have DS tune your car. You're looking at 100 hp gain? lol somebody is gonna slap me for saying this!!!
Yes it does matter which year and month along with model. In 2006 the coupe and convertible were still using the m54 motor. You will need to find a sedan with a build date later than 10/05 for it to possibly be using the n52 motor and manifold you need.

Lots of people were talking about DS Motorsports over the last few months, but no one has yet to provide with proof of what he is able to tune on a US spec car. There was one person who stated he would provide dyno graphs once he got back to the states, but he never came through with it. Stated he had an issue with gas ratings in his area.

From what I remember the DS tune was exhaust and tune. I dont see how it would be possible to get 100hp out of our cars with exhaust, manifold and ecu tune.
Appreciate 0