View Single Post
      01-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
MiKc
Major

Drives: BSM E92 335i

Question Battery Dead after 3 years?

Hey guys,

So my battery died a week ago. Got a jump start then brought the car to the dealer. They charged me 500$ for programming + a new battery.
Their reasoning for not having it covered under warranty was because I made lots of short trips throughout the 3 years of owning the car(total mileage = 30,000km after 3 years). Moreover, they said that the system showed that I had my signal lights on for 11 hours and that I have GP thunder installed.

Okay, I guess making short trips does harm the battery but within 3 years? really? Does it really make that big of a difference?
Leaving my signal lights on for 11 hours is impossible. I have my car in the garage, I wouldve been able to hear the ticking noise or see the yellow flashes as I get out the car.

The final problem comes down to the lights. As I have read a similar thread regarding GP Thunders, is it really true that it will drain the battery even after turning off the engine?
Am I required to press the start/stop button twice every time just so everything turns off from now on?

Thread for the same issue: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593106

Last edited by MiKc; 01-05-2012 at 12:05 AM.
MiKc is offline   Taiwan