Originally Posted by Aries326
So my car is 2008 with 17200 miles. I was thinking of waiting until spring to get this thing fixed, but since warranty is 4 years, I should be trying to get it into the dealer ASAP? Or, since I bought this car used with CPO, CPO should cover this, right?
Either way, I hope they fix this. I don't plan on dumping my Z4. I'll probably keep it and hand it off to my boy when he gets older.
If it was me, I would start now. With the CPO warranty, you have to deal with the $50 deductible. It took six months, and multiple trips to the dealer going through the BMW "process" starting with the lifters until BMWUSA approved the new cylinder head. Depending on the time duration in your own individual case, I would rather deal with it this time of year and enjoy the Z4 during the warm weather IMHO.