01-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #314
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentaxis View Post
The value proposition you are missing is that the n54 platform can be had for between 20-25k now in a clean car used, Even with fairly low miles. Very few people will be putting this kit on a brand new car. You even quoted used prices for the GTR. Imagine that 15k of modifications that you speak of put into a car that cost you 20-25k and you end up with a explosively potent car in the upper echelon of high speed capability for a little more than half the price of the GTR.

The truly interesting question is how much these blocks will take when pushed. These are exciting times, and it is great to see HPF at the forefront of pushing the platform. With proper tuning and fueling sorted, I have a feeling it might be suprising.

IN FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS! =)
We are still talking about $45K or so total package here... that opens the door up for a lot of fast cars plus it doesn't fix all of the other issues I was referring to. I have yet to meet a person who will dump $20K in mods on a 4 year old BMW... then again; I just like to tell things the way I see them... everyone is free to disagree and their own interpretation.