Finally decided on my base audio upgrade (kinda)
Ok guys, so heres whats up.
Got my first bimmer, a '12 325 coupe about 2 months ago and started looking around on how to get a better sounding audio system. Ever since I was a kid ive been upgrading audio systems in my cars but now with a BMW I thought I would keep it stock. Truth is it sounds like crap and cant live with it. After doing a lot of research and with the very useful links ctuna sent me, I think I understand pretty well how my system works and what I need to do to get it to sound better.
So heres what I came up with:
- JL Audio Cleansweep or Alpine PXE-H660 for "de-eqing" the base audio HU signal. Still cant decide which way to go here. Similar price tag and functionality. Ill appreciate any help deciding.
- Alpine MRX-V60 5 Channel Amp.
- Focal 100 KRS with OEM tweeter pods from local dealer. (Front doors)
- Vibe Slick 40-V3 coaxials (Rear panels)
- Earthquake SWS-8X 4ohm version (Underseats)
I plan on installing everything myself with some help of a friend which has some experience in car audio. Hopefully will get through with it "easily".
What I havent figured out is how to get the signal to the DSP. I want to keep the fading functionality in the HU which means that I need to run inputs from the front and rear speakers. I know it has to be a full range signal and that the rear speaker signal is highpassed, so that wont work with the cleansweep, will it work with the H660? Should I give up the fading and just use front speaker level as inputs to the DSP? I'd prefer not splicing any wires, is there a Technics harness or any type of harness for the base audio system?
I'll keep you updated and would really appreciate some help.
2012 325i Coupe Mineral White