01-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #8
ak47firepower
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: Sapphire Black 335i Cab

Garage List
2008 335i E93  [0.00]
Thanks for your response. With the increase in power from Cobb stage 2, the handling of the car is exposed, esp on the E93. So I my initial line of thought was to lower the vehicle with coilovers (I opted not to do just the springs b/c I did just springs on my e36 back in the day and it ruined the OE shocks). It seems that the consensus is to get coilovers.
From what I have heard from others putting in the FMIC really creates quite the beast, but without some of the support mods to go with it, it could be an accident ready to happen. Thanks for the V1 suggestions, as I never really thought of those, I was going to go full V2 but as you said it might be overkill for my application - spirited road driving is all I will ever do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
These are fairly different mods...I could understand dp vs. fmic or lowering springs vs. coilovers...

What exactly are you looking for? FMIC will be a great addition to the Cobb, you'll be able to switch to the much more aggressive Stage 2+FMIC maps. Not only will you get more power, but you'll consistently get more power.

Unless you track it, I doubt you will notice the full potential of coilovers. If it's purely cosmetic, you could just lower it with springs and get an ETS intercooler as well for the price of KW V2 coilovers. I personally switched from H&R Race to KW V1s because the drop was too aggressive and way too rough. The ride on the V1s is great, I noticed a huge difference in ride quality, but I really only got them because of a great local deal. KW V1s are great if you want to fine tune the height, V2 if you need more control over the characteristics of the handling.

But it ultimately comes down to why you think you need them and what your actual goal is.