01-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #802
GRLPWR
Lieutenant

Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndukyh View Post
I'm in Durham too, where do you get your work done on your 335? Just got one and looking to do some upgrades!
Sorry, just seeing replies (guess the auto notification to my email has failed).

Fortunately for me, I got lucky and purchased a car (unknowingly to me for the first few months) that was already modded. The previous owner either forgot to remove the mods, didn't have stocks to replace, or just didn't bother with swapping them out. So, I don't know anyone offhand that specializes in adding (although I'm sure you can find someone to do the work; just a matter of asking around). As for other work, anything I've had done was at the stealership via aftermarket warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsileighty
I'd do DP's and keep the mufflers... I ran res only for a little while and it was ridiculous in my opinion (lots of droning).
Already have the DPs. I tried a res delete w/stock mufflers - hated it!. However, I met someone w/a coupe who's running straight pipe from front/back and I think I actually like it. I've heard expensive exhaust setups that sounded worse or not as good as the straight pipes. So, I think I'm leaning towards that setup, unless I decide on straight pipe to an aftermarket muffler.
GRLPWR is offline   United_States