02-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 07335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Lol, that's an optimistic dyno then. On my purported poor dyno runs, I baselines 277whp STD FBO, which is 30 whp under what this dyno is spitting out.

I surmise I would be at 436-440 whp with the Cobb race map if I were on this dyno. I dynoed 373whp STD on Cobb stage2+FMIC aggressive on this low reading dynojet which would be around 403-405 whp on this dyno in Cali.

Hotrods secret is weight reduction through seat removal, unsprung weight drop through lightweight wheels and favorable conditions. No secret behind that.

We NY/NJ guys may be at sea level or better, but we routinely see 40-100% humidity, something the west coast guys almost never see.
277rw is what cars put out stock on this dyno. That is pretty normal I think for dynojets. If you are only making 277rw with full bolts ons your dyno reads lower or your car is making less power than others. Did you do a few runs stock + FBO to ensure you had the full advance and no throttle closure? Sometimes you can game the system by doing a "stock boost" run with the wrong adaptions and get a really low number but you won't be able to make that over 2-3 pulls stock tuning. Find a better dyno to find out.

Mike