View Single Post
      02-22-2012, 01:28 AM   #10
Legato2057
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 monaco blue e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Using just lowering springs is a bad idea. It will wear out the OEM shocks because the shocks will have to compress much more to absorb bumps. It's logical; the spring is shorter and therefore the shock has to travel more when you hit [any] bump. That happening all the time means accelerated wear on shocks = you're looking at buying new shocks anyway.

Replace shocks/struts at the same time is cheaper in the long run. You spend less labor getting them installed at once and the shocks last. And you have your OEM shocks sitting around so if anything goes wrong with your aftermarket setup, you can swap 'em back.
Learn something new everyday. And glad to know I mad the right decision when I went with the kit instead of just the springs.
2008 Monaco Blue/Tan interior 335i sedan. Mods: AFE intake w/ scoops, AFE Exhaust, ER FMIC, Koni FSD/Eibcach Pro-Kit, Breyton Race GTS wheels w/ Continental ExtremeContact DW tires, Cusco OS strut bar. BavAuto Black/Beige seat covers w/ black floor mats, M3 rep trunk lip, eBay front splitters.
Legato2057 is offline   United_States