AcExSpades
Lieutenant

Drives: 11 MW E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 Subaru WRX STi  [0.00]
Brakes squeaking

Hi guys,

I've started hearing the annoying brake squeak about 3 weeks ago thinking that it was my front brakes as my rears were changed last July(for squeaking while reversing). Well, I took it to the dealership for this and many other issues. They changed my oil, wipers, filled fluids, but said that the brakes cannot be changed as they are still good and the noise is normal for BMWs.

I took it to the same dealer 2 day later asking to take a drive with the shop foreman so he can hear it. At first the tech was hesitant, because records showed that my brakes aren't due yet, but he agrees and off we go. While driving, of course my brakes weren't squeaking for jack but on the way back to the dealership they started squeaking and he hears them.

We talked inside for a while until finally telling me that they will be replaced. I was very happy as I thought this chapter was going to be closed and after a couple hours I went back to the dealership to pick up my car. On my way home I heard no noise, but later on that day the dreadful sound was back

What could be the issue? Is this noise really not going to go away? I thought for sure it was the front brakes.. I would say the rears, but as stated they were replaced last July. Any advice guys? It is really embarrassing to hear this type of noise on a car like this.
AcExSpades is online now   Peru