Originally Posted by ericinca
I have a 2010 E90 already pre-installed with the following:
609 Navigation system
6FL iPod and USB adapter
6UH Real Time Traffic Information
And here are the parts that I got.
I labeled all the components on the photo and am trying my best to guess what they all are:
B. Not sure - let's call it Patryk's magic harness for now! It has a long orange twisted pair wire coming out and on the other end of the orange wire, it is labeled "Mic" on a piece of tape. I'm guessing this orange wire is the wire to the pre-existing mic.
C. Not sure either - but on one end, it has a four pin connector and on the other, a ten-pin connector
D Wire splice of some sort - not sure what it's for
E. Y cable for iPod/iPhone
F. New Aux/USB port
G. Bluetooth aerial
H. Looks like the Bluetooth aerial connection cable
Any help in deciphering what these cables are would be greatly appreciated. (It's OK to PM me if this information shouldn't be shared.)
One question I already have is where to put the Bluetooth aerial. The original instructions have it attached to the glove box, but given this Combox seems to be want to be installed in the trunk, I'm not sure the supplied cable goes long enough. Any other location for the aerial?
1) Your car has a MULF-Hi module, the Combox will replace it.
2) PnP harness (item B above) is the Combox-to-MULF converter harness. Just plug PnP harness to Combox and then plug the other end to the existing MULF-Hi OEM harness in your car.
3) Bluetooth antenna and cable (items G and H) plug into Combox. You can leave the BT antenna in the trunk.
No need to mount it under the steering wheel.
4) LVDS cable (USB) from MULF connects to blue LVDS socket in Combox. That will give you BMW Apps once your CIC is coded for it. You can keep your current USB port in place in the mean time. Patryk will explain to you the next steps after coding.
5) The Mic wire (orange wire in item B) goes all the way to the FZD console in the roof. Unplug existing Mic and using a pick remove the two pins from the 2-pin Mic connector. Then insert Mic + in pin 1, and Mic - in pin 2. Pin numbers are molded on the connector.
6) Item C seems to me like a mistake in this particular kit. Patryk should tell you its purpose if in fact it is part of the kit.
7) Item D is not used with a Combox Media -most probably this Combox is it.