View Single Post
      02-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
rogerxp
Major General

Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Should I be panicking???

Some of you may remember last year a lady drove into my car whilst it was stationary (and I wasn't in it) but kindly left her contact details. Well, it all got sorted out quickly through her insurance, and I (regrettably in hindsight) used a Claims Management Company (CMC) as recommended by the bodyshop.

Anyway, I've recently received two letters from the CMC's Solicitors (below) stating that the insurers still have not paid the bill the CMC have submitted. It's now going to Court.

I've hidden the details but the actual bill to fix my car wasn't too bad (higher than expected but not too bad) however the hire-car charges are astronomical and I'm kicking myself for using the CMC now.

The point of this thread isn't to discuss whether I should or shouldn't have used the CMC (I regretted it quite soon but was too late then) however my question is, could any of this legal wrangling land on my doorstep, and me be liable personally???

I submitted the invoice for the new alloy (sourced cheaper from a contact through a trader on a Zed forum) and the bodyshop took care of it all from there.

Should I relax or should I be getting nervous??? There is mention of compensation however I've not claimed any as such as I wasn't in the car (just the repair & hire-car).
Attached Images

Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
rogerxp is offline   United Kingdom