Thread: e92 or e93?
View Single Post
      03-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
chedixon
First Lieutenant

Drives: E93 320d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by John320d View Post
I had an e93 320i when they first were introduced in 2007.I thought it was underpowered but its 0 to 62 was a reasonable 9.1 secs. In sept. 2008 I took delivery of a 320d e93, the difference was an eye opener.30% more mpg and 0 to 62 in 8.6 but the icing on the cake was its 55 to 75mph time which was same as the 330i in 4th and 5th gears ie 7.1secs.as per bmw figures. 0 to 62 times are not as important as having a decent bit of power for overtaking IMO. I get the impression that someone who thinks the bmw 177 bhp chugs has not driven one. At 70 plus on the motorway with the top down you will hear neither the engine or exhaust because of wind noise. Possibly you would hear the engine at full chat and exhaust noise at slower speeds around town but that is not for me. Do not let these guys put you off a 320d. How very dare you slag off my e93d. LOL
Totally agree, I would like more power yes but I came from a quick car and anything other than an m3 would have felt slower. The e93 320d is a good car and once it's up and running it's pretty torquey.
Yes the noise isn't going to set the world on fire but it's quiet once warm and those of us that have to do reasonable mileage and have other financial commitments appreciate the mpg and low tax.
When the roofs down its great, handles well considering the extra weight, puts a big smile on my face every time, gets wishful glances when the suns out too, it's not all about power