03-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
Quasimodem
Colonel

Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA Diesel View Post

I would really consider the X3 30d if that came over as well. Yes, the 335d's 6 is very smooth, but I would be willing to forego a bit of smoothness to have a diesel SUV again (had a 2.8L straight-4 VM motori powered Jeep Liberty, so I'm familiar with straight-4 vibration levels) and the X3 or something like a Q5 or Tiguan would be perfect.
The VW 'eg TDI would be my choice, IMHO it is, or used to be with the four-corner suspension, more capable in rough terrain than a BMW Xx which are primarily designed to conquer potholes and curbs, and maybe a roadkill or two thrown in.

Edit: Well, it looks like only the Porsche Cayenne Turbo is available with the air suspension now, and it isnt available in the US with a diesel (though I read somewhere that Porsche is putting out a diesel Cayenne soon, prob not coming across the pond). So I am not so sure about the eg's rough terrain capability any more.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.

Last edited by Quasimodem; 03-09-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Quasimodem is online now   United_States