03-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #63
steelersfan
First Lieutenant

Drives: 11 335i E90 M-Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by srwatters View Post
While this is true, it perhaps isn't really obvious that you need to use the code via NETTODAT option. The option is MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK. The parameter needs to be custom added with the data being the number of blinks you want (I used 4). From there you can export the trace data as a NETTODAT.MAN file and write it back to the module using the job coapiCodeSgByNettoData. It's all explained in the NCSdummy thread "Taking the expert out of NCS expert".

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Rasp View Post
For those who need a better explanation of how to accomplish this...

You need to scan the NETTODAT file once with the triple blink disabled within the gauge cluster (or idrive) and once again with it enabled. Then use beyond compare to scan the two NETTODAT files and find the value that has changed. That value is the HEX value you need to modify to increase the blink count.

Once you've changed it from XX to 37 (or whatever), save the NETTODAT file as NETTODAT.MAN and recode the car using the codeNETTODAT command.

Hope this helps.
I think I got there based on the 2 quoted posts, although I will mention that no where in this thread (unless I missed it) is there a mention of which module you should be reading to get the correct NETTODAT.TRC file in order to change the blink count. srwatters' post mentioning the option "MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK" was the key I needed to get there. I found that option in the NFRM module. And after going through the process of setting the blink count to 1 and then 3 and using the "beyond compare" program to compare the 2 nettodat trace files, Blink set to 1 = 0x04 where Blink count set to 3 = 0x0C. Makes perfect sense based on srwatters conjecture in post #13 of this thread. Now I just have to do the deed and see if it works.