03-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #108
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.GumbyM.D. View Post
I'd much rather have what we have here, "smog laws" and no limits on kids, versus what they have there, no environmental regulation, and limits on kids...

Watch the top gear episode from this season of them in Beijing... Holy crap, the air there is a disgusting soup of smog.

That being said, I've never lived in, let alone been in smog in my life, but if that ever becomes normal, we'll need to make a ton of kids to make up for the respiratory illness that will come from it. Bleh!
I mean I'm glad that we have smog rules, but just cuz this company is smog approved and this one isn't, shouldn't have the right to jack their prices up by 300%.. that being said, companies like afe should have a smog approved certificate since a friend of mine passed with it on and had no problems. But either way, to make an item carb legal makes it noticed to the government. Its like having carb legal turbo kits, they're there but its hard to find and are rediculous on price for the performance you have. That's why I requested that gavin at least try to see what the carb board says to his SC kit. I've heard of vortech passing smog before so let's see were the rest of this goes?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.