07-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
e93
open air motoring at its best

Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
It was only a small article in the news section but it really bugged me a lot. Can anyone guess? "BMW wins Bathurst". Yeah ok, they won and I'm happy for them but no mention of the type (Except one Subi Rex) and amount of competition (not much really) and, what in my mind amounts to deceptive reporting, they imply that the car was raced as stock except for the tyres: "the standard production twin-turbo coupe" and "the victory was credited not only to its sizzling six-cylinder power plant, but also the coupe's perfect natural balance that minimised component wear". WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!! The two things they praise were the two things that were ALTERED but the alterations not mentioned. First, the car had a PROCEDE system installed (There's even a "Vishnu" sticker on the front bumper) to change the engine mapping, AND the car had an LSD installed (something all 335's should have as standard or at the very least as an option) which, we all know, is absolutely essential for any real track work. BMW- Give credit where credit is due and don't fool current or prospective 335 owners into thinking that they own a race car or an M3 proxy because it's just not- and yes I already own one! (rant over)
My thoughts exactly. I generally like the magazine - must be because I like pictures of nice watches and such. This article on the Bathurst win however really pissed me off. Its misleading advertising/marketing - whatever!!! :mad:

2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
e93 is offline   Australia