04-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States

Drives: E92 335i MT, E46 M3 SMG

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i Coupe  [4.50]
2005 BMW M3  [5.00]
absolutely fantastic write-up sir! i never would've thought to mask around the trim leaving the paint exposed like that...but i knew that the plastidip could just be peeled up once dry. i laughed at your bit about trying to do the vinyl....because it was 100% dead-on with my experience when i tried it. i've been debating trying the plastidip for a few months now...but this write-up has convinced me that i've waited a few months too long! hopefully i'll have time to attempt this in the next few weeks.

the only thing i would do differently is with regard to the overspray on the rest of the car. i'm planning on picking up a few of those cheap plastic drop clothes used for painting and just covering the entire car....that way the only mess i'm cleaning up is around the trim pieces themselves.

but again... for a great write-up!
Mods: Procede Rev3 9-10|AE Catless Dual Exhaust|AR Design Catless DPs|AMS FMIC|Stett Charge Pipe w/Tial BOV|Stett CAI|BMS OCC|BMS CDV|Volk TE37 SLs|KW V2 Coilovers|Cusco OS Strut Brace|Macht Schnell Stud Conversion|Work RS-R Lugnuts|Gloss Black Roof|Matte Black Kidney Grills|UED Lower Bumper Grills|OEM Aero Lip and Painted Reflectors|M3 Sideskirts| VRS Decklid Aero Spoiler|Gloss Black Roof|M Peformance Alcantara Steering Wheel(blue)|OSS V2.0 LED Angel Eyes|8000k HID Fog Lights|8000k MTEC Xenons