View Single Post
      04-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #108
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Just finished swapping my original plugs (BOCSH FR7NPP332) with new NGKs' PLZFR6A-11S. The car has 122,000 km's and every once and a while I noticed a misfire so I did a full swap. The original plugs look pretty good for being in there for so long, maybe BMW is on to something with their ridiculously long service intervals. This DIY made the swap EASY! I did the swap in about an hour with help of a buddy. I took my time and cleaned everything while it was off the car thought. I didn't use any anti seize or notice any on my old plugs. I checked my gaps and all plugs came with a 0.43 gap so I didn't need to adjust anything. Car started up right away and idled smooth as butter. Car seemed to pull strong and smooth after the swap so no complaints here. Crazy thing was I found I had a snapped head bolt the whole time, no sign of leaking fluid though. Also I noticed I had the ticking header which I though I was good for. I guess I am making another trip to the dealer for some last minute CPO work!

My notes to add:
- You MUST remove the left strut brace to access plug #5 (#1 closest to front). You can remove that Torque nut easily with a standard metric socket.
- I didn't torque my plugs because they have a crush washer. Just snugged up the plug then gave it another good 1/2 to 2/3 turn to set the washer.
- Installing the main plastic upper cover is MUCH easier with two people. It is kinda a PITA trying to line up everything with one person.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0