04-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #68
steelersfan
First Lieutenant

Drives: 11 335i E90 M-Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan View Post
I think I got there based on the 2 quoted posts, although I will mention that no where in this thread (unless I missed it) is there a mention of which module you should be reading to get the correct NETTODAT.TRC file in order to change the blink count. srwatters' post mentioning the option "MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK" was the key I needed to get there. I found that option in the NFRM module. And after going through the process of setting the blink count to 1 and then 3 and using the "beyond compare" program to compare the 2 nettodat trace files, Blink set to 1 = 0x04 where Blink count set to 3 = 0x0C. Makes perfect sense based on srwatters conjecture in post #13 of this thread. Now I just have to do the deed and see if it works.
The deed is done. Blink count adjusted successfully to 6 blinks, which is perfect for me. The actual coding process didn't happen exactly as I expected it to, but it did happen exactly as documented if you read the thread, "NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert." Big "Ups" to all who contributed to showing us mere mortals the path.